The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation (the ‘GDPR’). This policy details the information regarding personal data that the Gillian Poucher Author website collects, stores and uses.
1. Personal data
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession.
2. Data Controller
Gillian Poucher (‘I’) is the data controller and decides how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
3. How do I process your personal data?
I use personal data for the following purposes: -
• to send promotional emails about books, services and other things I think may be relevant to you
• to contact you in response to a specific enquiry or request
• to provide news and information about events and activities I am involved in
4. What type of information is collected from you?
The personal information collected might include your name and contact information (including email address) which you provide to me when you subscribe to my website or send me an email.
5. How you can access and update your information
The accuracy of your information is important to me. If you change email address, or any of the other information I hold is inaccurate or out of date, please contact me.
You have the right to ask for a copy of the information I hold about you or to ask for it to be removed. I will remove data held on you if you ask me to do so.
6. Sharing personal data
Your privacy is important to me and your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential. I will never share it with a third party unless required to do so by law.
I am committed to ensuring that your information is secure. I seek to comply with my obligations under the ‘GDPR’ by keeping personal data up to date; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure; and by ensuring that appropriate technical and electronic measures are in place to protect personal data.
Google TOS: https://policies.google.com/terms
Learn more at this link: https://policies.google.com/technologies/cookies.
(Please note if you choose to switch off cookies when visiting this website, you may find it difficult to use the website).
9. Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data: -
• The right to request a copy of the personal data which I hold about you;
• The right to request that I correct any personal data if it is inaccurate or out of date;
• The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time;
• The right to object to the processing of personal data;
• The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office.
10. Further processing and Review of this Policy.
I will keep this Policy under regular review. This Policy was updated in March 2019, but I may change this Policy from time to time. Please check this page occasionally to ensure that you are happy with any changes. By using my website, you are agreeing to be bound by this Policy.
Any questions regarding this Policy should be sent by email to: email@example.com.
11. Contact Details
To exercise all relevant rights, queries or complaints please in the first instance contact Gillian Poucher at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can contact the Information Commissioners Office on 0303 123 1113 or via email:
or at the Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire. SK9 5AF.